Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Violence in Paris

Violence in Paris. It is outrageous how violence becomes the avenue traveled to make a point. I have been going into lawyers offices for years that have buzzers and cameras. I have been going into court houses and government buildings with metal detectors for years as well. I have watched this security get tighter and tighter.

I can recount the threats that my knees would be broken, I recall threats by a cop who was on the other side of a case, by someone who had just shot up my client’s house in anger and the more vague threats of “watch your back”. I recall one of our lawyers going to a deposition and the other lawyer putting a gun (in a case) on the conference room table.

I don’t have an answer. I wish our kids did not have to see any of this.

No comments: